Congratulations on your admission to UNLV. We are excited that you are now a member of the Rebel Family. One of UNLV’s top priorities is helping new students make a successful transition as they experience college life. As an accepted student, you are invited to attend New Student Orientation. The orientation program is designed to help you make a successful transition to UNLV.
Our orientation program is designed to promote your academic achievement and personal development through a one-day comprehensive transition program. By attending our orientation program, you can expect to be:
- Introduced to the undergraduate community from both an academic and personal perspective.
- Provided information and assistance to you so that you may succeed academically and develop personally.
- Prepared to face the challenges of your first year at UNLV.
- Introduced to other new students and develop new relationships.
- Acquainted with returning student leaders who will share their own experience as a source of support and information.
- Exposed to the wide range of issues facing UNLV students
- Informed of the variety of student services that are available on campus, so that you feel able to navigate the university on your own.
All new UNLV students are charged a one-time, nonrefundable orientation fee of $120. This fee, which automatically appears on your UNLV bill upon registering for your first semester classes, includes:
- Orientation program services and materials (including advising and registration)
- Orientation lunch
- Your first UNLV RebelCard (student ID card)
Orientation Fee Waiver
Orientation fee waivers are granted if you:
- Did not attend an orientation session and did not enroll in classes.
- Have previously attended UNLV and paid their orientation fee.